to Provide Relief in Times of Crisis - Now and in the Future
We are all interconnected. Now, more than ever, we see why a strong social safety net benefits us all. The COVID-19 crisis has laid bare important gaps in our social safety system, with all levels of government scrambling to plug the holes in order to avert the most catastrophic outcomes for people in Canada.
The primary focus must be on the public’s most immediate needs. But this moment is also an important opportunity to lay the foundations for better future policy and social care. If we are to be better prepared the next time a crisis strikes, we cannot let this chance slip through our fingers. For all our sakes, we must continue the work towards a more complete social safety net. Below are some Green and other innovative policies that could advance this goal, with additional policies to come.
- Dismantling Systemic Racism in Policing
- Overcoming Canada's Democratic Deficit
- Rural Revitalization
- Dignity in Long-term Care for Seniors
- Get Newcomer Professionals to Work
- Guaranteed Liveable Income
- Prevent Students from Falling Through the Cracks
- Reinforce Health Care
- Reducing Health Risks in Indigenous Communities
- Protecting Asylum Seekers
- Conditions for Responsible Bailout